- 30 minutes prep, 40 minutes bake/fridge
For the cakes:
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour
- 3 tbsp Koko Black Cocoa Powder
- 250g Butter
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Koko Black Milk Chocolate Dotties
- 1 cup Thickened Cream
- ¾ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 ¼ cups thickened cream
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of your ganache
- 1 jar of Koko Black Raspberry & Cocoa Nib Jam
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- To make your two chocolate cakes, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and line two round cake tins ready for baking.
- In a bowl, add Koko Black Cocoa Powder and sifted flour. Pour in vanilla and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Add in eggs one by one, mixing between each egg until a batter is formed. Divide the mixture into two, and pour into tins to bake for approx. 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool, before slicing the cakes in the middle to create two thin cakes.
- To make ganache, first wait for your cakes to be cooled. Place in a microwave safe bowl and heat both of the ingredients for 20 seconds on, before stirring. Repeat this until melted and set aside to cool while you prep the mascarpone filling. Set aside ½ a cup for use in a moment.
- To make the creamy filling, beat mascarpone, vanilla, sugar and cream until fluffy. Whisk in your ½ cup of ganache to create a lovely chocolatey flavour. Don’t overbeat.
- To assemble, place a bottom half of one of your cakes on your platter of choice. Spread on some Koko Black Raspberry & Cocoa Nib Jam and a generous dollop of cream before placing more cake on top. Note, you might need to trim the top of the cake if it’s rounded on top. Repeat this process until you have multiple layers of cake.
- Ice your cake with chocolate ganache and spread over evenly with a palette knife or spatula (even the back of a spoon works well!). Lastly, top with raspberries and slice.