- 1.5 hours
- 12 slices
- 1/2 cup Koko Black Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice (we use full cream)
- 3 large eggs
- 125g salted butter
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- Extra butter to line your cake mould
- Koko Black Milk Chocolate Shavings for decoration
*Please note we doubled this recipe for the one featured here to bake two cakes. We also created a basic sweet vanilla frosting with a tbsp of Koko Black Cocoa Powder for colour.
- Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius, and prepare your cake mould by lining with melted butter if you’ve not got a non-stick available.
- In a saucepan, combine your brown sugar, butter and milk. Sift in your bicarb, and Koko Black Cocoa Powder.
- On medium heat, begin to whisk until the mixture is combined, and smooth. Once smooth, allow to cool (slightly).
- Next, sift in your self raising and plain flours to the mixture, combining well. Lastly, add in your eggs one by one, and stir until well combined.
- Pour into a cake mould, and cook for approximately 45 minutes (depending on how hot your oven is) or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
- Allow to cool completely before icing, and sprinkling with Koko Black Milk Chocolate Shavings.