Banoffee Loaf with Caramel Buttercream
- Prep Time: 1hr | Cook Time: 1hr
- Serving Amount: 8-10 Slices
- Difficulty Level: Medium
1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
2. Line a 23 x 13cm non-stick loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
3. Whisk bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, brown sugar, vanilla bean paste and ground cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. Add flour and mix to combine. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until golden and cooked through. Sit for 10 minutes and turn out onto cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
Buttercream and Cake Assembly
5. In the meantime, to make the buttercream place unsalted butter into the bowl of a mixer and beat at full speed for 3 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Slowly add icing sugar and beat on low until combined. Increase speed to high and beat a further 4 minutes or until the icing sugar is fully dissolved. Add vanilla and milk, beat a further minute.
6. Break Koko Black Salted Caramel Surprise block into small pieces and place into a microwave proof dish. Heat for 30 seconds and stir to combine. Heat at further 15 second increments until fully melted.
7. To assemble, slice banana loaf lengthways into three even pieces. Spread a thin layer of buttercream on the first layer of the cake. Using a piping bag fitted with a round tip, pipe a border of buttercream around the edges. Sprinkle one third of the crushed biscuits, sliced banana and melted Koko Black Salted Caramel Surprise inside the border.
8. Repeat steps with remaining two layers of cake. Use remaining buttercream to frost sides and top of cake. Garnish with Koko Black Maple Caramel Marbles, Koko Black Honey Almond Nougat and caramel sauce.
9. Finish with a dusting of icing sugar and serve.