Updated October 2018
Koko Black respects the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of our customers in relation to their personal information. We respect and uphold your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What personal information Koko Black collects:
Koko Black only collects personal information from our customers or potential customers that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities and will do so by lawful and fair means. Koko Black may collect or hold information received as a result of any dealing, transaction or interaction with you. Personal Information includes identifiable and non-identifiable information about an individual.
Individually identifiable information:
Listed below are ways and types of individually identifiable information we collect:
When you subscribe to the Koko Black newsletter program and you provide as part of your subscription:
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- country of residence
When you provide your contact information during a transaction in a Koko Black store or website. This information may include, for example:
- first and last names
- postal and/or physical address
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- menu preferences
- previous order information
- credit card details
- Your details that are supplied when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research, SMS, MMS and other mobile services
- When you interact or follow Koko Black in social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Your information regarding your interests, preferences, purchasing behaviour and experience with our services, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries.
Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our online ordering system, your access and use of our Website or indirectly through use of our Websites, online forums, applications, online presence, or through our representatives or otherwise.
We may also collect non-identifiable information that doesn’t identify you and by means of which no specific individual can be identified. When you visit the website, our Company servers may automatically record non-identifiable information that your browser sends. This data may include:
- your computer's IP address
- browser type
- webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site
- pages during your visit to www.kokoblack.com
- the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched on our Site, access times, dates and other statistics
How we collect it:
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
(a)Directly from you, including but not limited when you:
- browse our Site;
- save an item;
- register on our Site;
- log into the Site once registered;
- make a purchase from us;
- contact our Customer Care, either about an order or for any other reason;
- click on The Koko Black banners, hyperlinks or plugins;
- interact with us on our social media; or
- have a conversation with our team members
- sign up to our mailing list by completing a paper form in one of our stores
We use “cookies” when you visit our KokoBlack.com website. It is a technology that enables us to operate an efficient service and track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Site. There are four main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
(a) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the Site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Add to Wishlist”.
(b) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the Site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(c) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on KokoBlack.com, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(d) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our Site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the Site in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use. Please note by disabling cookies, you user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our Site
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a third party service provider who may combine you information with information from other; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them interest-based content and advertisements.
How we use your information:
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to provide products and services to you
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts
- to gain an understanding your information to improve or develop our products and services
- to provide you with better customer services
- to perform research and analysis
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Koko Black and our related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you; and
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities
- We collect aggregated information about you which informs us about our users. The browser information we collect is used in an aggregated, anonymous manner in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Site. This information is used by us to administer and improve our education and training products and services.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
- We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and provide the best possible quality of customer service. We generally collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- Processing orders that you place with us in our stores or via our online ordering system, providing you with our products and services and processing refunds where applicable
- Processing orders for gift cards that you place with us in our stores, by telephone or via our gift card ordering system
- Where you choose to receive mobile services and content via SMS, MMS and other mobile services, we use this information to deliver such mobile services and content to you, to carry out market research, to track sales data and to inform you of upcoming events and plan other promotional activities which may be of interest to you
- To respond to any queries you may have and to process and respond to any complaint made by you
- Promoting our current and future products, services, promotions, offers, games and competitions to you
- To improve the operation or navigation of our Website and inform you of changes made to our Website
- Assisting you with remembering and re-ordering from our menu in the future and developing an online customer profile and keeping your contact details up to date
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other statistical and market research with a view to improving our services;
- Facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal, security, and regulatory requirements.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, or for such other purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
To whom may we disclose your information?
For the purposes described in the section above, we may disclose your personal information to and share personal information with:
- Our employees, contractors or agents for the purposes of operation of our business or our Website, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, advertisers and business partners, payment processors, data entry service providers and professional advisors such as accountants, legal advisors, business advisors and consultants
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- Third parties where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
- Any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent;
- We may combine or share any personal information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our own products and services and on behalf of other companies within Koko Black that we consider may be of interest to you.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including email, SMS, and in-App messaging, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How to access or correct your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to complete access to their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable.
You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on the Site. If you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact us at <CONTACT DETAILS>
How to make a complaint about a breach of privacy
Changes to this Policy
Koko Black Privacy Officer: Bruce Whittaker
Address: 108-110 Gaffney Street, Coburg North 3058
Telephone: +61 3 9354 0720
Email: [email protected]