Caramel Pop Cupcakes
- 1 Hour prep & assembly, 20 Minutes Bake
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium saucepan, add your butter, white chocolate, sugars and water. Place on low heat, stirring until your butter has melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Add your eggs and vanilla to the cooled white chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add your flour and baking powder and stir until combined – don’t worry if the batter is a little lumpy.
- Divide your cake batter between the 12 cupcake liners and bake for approximately 18 minutes or until the tops of the cake spring back lightly to the touch. Transfer cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place your butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy. Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a microwave, stirring in between 20 second bursts, until just melted and set aside.
- Add your vanilla, half the sugar and one tablespoon of milk to the butter and beat until combined. Add the remaining sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add your melted chocolate, ensuring your chocolate is still smooth and melted but is not warm. Beat until the chocolate is completely mixed through. If frosting is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of milk. Add food colouring in small amounts (4 drops at a time) to the ratio 3 drops blue to 1 drop yellow.
- Add buttercream to piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe onto cupcakes.
- When ready to serve, add a nest of the Persian fairy floss, and finish with a Koko Black Sprinkle Egg Pop or Bunny Egg Pop.