- 25 minutes
- 12 donuts
- 2/3 cup Koko Black Cocoa Powder
- 2 cup Koko Black 54% Chocolate Dotties*
- ½ cup Koko Black Milk Chocolate Shavings
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk of your choice
- ½ cup salted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp milk
*One cup will be used in donuts, and one for icing.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and spray or butter a dozen donut moulds.
2. Combine your Koko Black Cocoa Powder, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and Chocolate Dotties. In a separate bowl or jug, mix up the milk, eggs, apple cider vinegar and vanilla until it has been whisked well.
3. Stir in your wet mix to your dry mix, and combining well. Add in your melted butter but only fold this in until lightly combined.
4. Spoon your donut mixture into moulds, ensuring you only fill ¾ full and bake for approx. 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool, before turning out.
5. To prep your chocolate topping, melt 1 cup of Koko Black Dotties, with 4 tbsp milk. Dip each donut in topping, and sprinkle with Milk Chocolate Shavings.