Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- 30 minutes prep, 50 minutes bake
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Butter a 15cm x 30cm rectangular cake tin and line with baking paper
2. Combine your sugar, chocolate, butter and 180mL water in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then sift in your dry ingredients and whisk until smooth
3. Whisk in buttermilk, egg, and egg yolk until smooth. Pour into your cake tin and bake until the centre of the cake springs back when slight pressed (45-50 minutes). Cool in tin.
4. To make the frosting, melt your Koko Black Dark Chocolate Dotties in a bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Cool until lukewarm. Add butter and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy (5-6 minutes). Beat in your icing sugar and buttermilk until smooth.
5. Spread frosting onto your cooled cake, and decorate with Koko Black Dark Chocolate Dotties and freeze-dried strawberries