- 45 minutes prep, 1 hour 15 minutes bake/fridge
For the meringue:
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 50g Koko Black Milk Chocolate Dotties, melted
For the cream:
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 tbsp Koko Black Cocoa Powder
For the chocolate crémeux:
- 150g Koko Black Milk Chocolate Dotties
- 75ml Milk
- 115ml Thickened Cream
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 60g Butter
For the toppings:
- 1 cup roasted or candied peanuts
- 250g Koko Black Dark Chocolate Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb
- To make your meringue/pavlovas, preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius and line two trays with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites in a stand mixer until soft peaks form (the peaks will flop over when you remove the paddle) before gradually adding in the sugar and beating after each inclusion. Your pavlova will become thick, before you add cornflour and vinegar.
- Spread this mixture evenly across two baking sheets, forming a classic flattened disk. You may like to smooth out the pavlovas, or leave “strokes” where you’ve used a spatula or palette knife to spread for a more rustic look like ours. Bake for one hour, before turning off the oven and leaving the pavlova inside to harden.
- To make the crèmeux, bring milk and cream to boil on the stove in a pot. In a separate bowl off the heat whisk sugar and yolks of two eggs. Remove milk & cream from heat, and pour into the bowl with sugar & egg yolks. Add all of this back into your pot on the stove and stir constantly to form a thickened liquid.
- Chop up your Koko Black Milk Chocolate Dotties, and pour the above mixture over the Dotties. Whisk this until smooth, before folding in your butter which has been softened. This will form your crèmeux which can be reserved for assembly depending on your order of creating the pavlova.
- To make the cream, whisk together all of the ingredients until you’ve got a firm chocolate cream.
- Assemble your pavlova by plating up the larger of the two pavlovas (if there is one slightly larger!) on the bottom, before topping with crèmeux and whipped cream. Add the next pavlova on top, and top with more crèmeux and whipped cream. Finish off with crumbled Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb and peanuts. Serve immediately