- 30 minutes prep, 2 hours bake/fridge
For the cake:
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour
- 3 tbsp Koko Black Cocoa Powder
- 250g Butter
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
For the trifle:
- 600ml Thickened Cream
- ¼ cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 250g Koko Black Salty Cashew Crunch
- ½ cup Koko Black Milk Chocolate Shavings
- To make your cake, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius,and line a 9x13 pan with baking paper or spray with cooking oil.
- In a bowl, add Koko Black Cocoa Powder and sifted flour. Pour in vanilla and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Add in eggs one by one, mixing between each egg until a batter is formed. Pour into tin and bake for approx. 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove from tin and cut into cubes.
- To assemble your trifle, place cream in a mixing bowl and whip for approx. 2 minutes. Gradually add in sugar and vanilla essence, until your cream is stiff.
- Crumble up approximately half of your Koko Black Salty Cashew Crunch.
- Line the bottom of your trifle dish with cubes of chocolate cake. Top with some Salty Cashew Crunch, and a generous spread of whipped cream. Repeat this process until your trifle dish is full or you’ve used all your mixture.
- Top with more Koko Black Salty Cashew Crunch and Koko Black Milk Chocolate Shavings.
- Set in fridge for around 2 hours before serving