- Preparation Time: 1 hour
400g Speculoos biscuits
150g unsalted butter, melted
Pinch of salt
500g cream cheese, softened
½ cup milk
½ cup icing sugar, sifted
120g Koko Black Milk Chocolate Dotties
120g Koko Black White Chocolate Dotties
3 tsp gelatine powder
3 tbs boiling water
300ml thickened cream
White Chocolate Ganache Layer
180g Koko Black White Chocolate Dotties
60mls pouring cream
Koko Black White Chocolate Dotties
Koko Black Pavlova Bites
Fresh green sprigs (eg rosemary)
1. Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm springform cake tin.
2. In a food processor blend biscuits to a fine crumb. Add salt, and pulse to combine. Pour in butter and process until fully combined. Press evenly into base and sides of the tin.
Note: Use a flat-bottomed glass to press mixture in to tin for an even finish.
3. Refrigerate for half an hour while you make the first layer of filling.
4. To make filling, melt the milk chocolate dotties in 20 second bursts in the microwave, stirring each time, and then set aside to cool slightly.
5. In a small bowl, sprinkle 1½ teaspoons of the gelatine over 1½ tablespoons of the boiling water and stir until dissolved, set aside.
6. Whip 150ml of the cream until soft peaks form.
7. Beat 250g of the cream cheese with ¼ cup of milk and ¼ cup of icing sugar until smooth, it may take a while to beat out all of the smaller lumps. Stir in the melted milk chocolate until combined. Add the gelatine mix and stir to combine. Fold in the whipped cream until combined.
8. Pour over the biscuit base and smooth out evenly, refrigerate for 1 hour.
9. To make the second layer of the filling, follow the above instructions, replacing the milk chocolate dotties with the white chocolate. Gently smooth over the milk chocolate layer being careful not to mix with the bottom layer. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, until set.
10. To make the ganache layer, melt the white chocolate dotties and the cream together in the microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring each time, until melted and glossy. Gently pour over cheesecake and refrigerate for 1 hour.
11. Once set, top with berries, dotties and pavlova bites. If serving at Christmas time, add some sprigs of greenery such as rosemary for a festive touch.
Note: This cheesecake is best made the day before, giving it plenty of time to firm up in the fridge before serving.