- 45 minutes + 8-12 hours in fridge
- Koko Black Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb (Milk or Dark)
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 8 eggs (yolk only)
- 3 cups hot milk of your choice
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Optional: Honey
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius, and place your puff pastry on two lined trays of baking paper. Pierce some small holes on your puff pastry, before covering with another sheet of baking paper and another tray. This is to ensure the pastry cooks, but won’t puff up too high. Cook until golden.
- To make your custard filling, add caster sugar and corn starch to a bowl, and whisk. Add in your 8 egg yolks and whisk again. Then whisk in half of your milk, before whisking in the vanilla extract with the remaining milk.
- Transfer to a pot on the stove, and whisk on medium heat until the custard thickens.Remove from heat, and melt in the butter, stirring this in too.
- Line a 23cm square tin with foil that wraps over the edge of the tin to help you remove itlater. Place one sheet of pastry in, top down. Spread your custard over the pastry inside the tin, and top with the other sheet of pastry before refrigerating for 6 hours or more. We recommend overnight.
- When serving, dust with icing sugar, before cutting into approx. 16 squares or rectangles.Top each serving with some Koko Black Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb and a drizzle of honey if desired.