- 45 minutes prep & assembly, 1 hour 30 minutes bake/fridge
- 425g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 425g Caster Sugar
- 6 Large Eggs
- 425g Plain Flour, sifted
- 3 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 150mL Milk
White Chocolate Buttercream
- 300g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 700g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 200g Koko Black White Chocolate Dotties, melted
- Koko Black White Chocolate Hollow Eggs (Various Sizes)
- Koko Black Golden Apricot Bites
- Koko Black Hot Cross Bun Bites
- Koko Black Cookies & Cream Treasured Eggs
- Koko Black Strawberries & Cream Treasured Eggs
1. Heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line 2 x 20cm deep, round cake tins with baking paper.
2. To make the cake, add your butter and sugar to a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Crack in your eggs, one by one, mixing between each addition until combined. Gradually mix in your flour, followed by the baking powder until just combined. Slowly add your milk and mix to combine.
3. Divide the batter equally between the lined cake tins and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middles comes out clean. Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tins for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the buttercream, beat your butter for 5 minutes until lightened in colour. In three separate additions, slowly beat in the icing sugar for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and beat for another minute until fully combined. Finally, add the white chocolate and mix until just combined, and the buttercream is thick but spreadable.
5. Once the cakes are cool, cut both in half with a serrated knife so you have four round, evenly sized sponges.
6. To assemble the cake, evenly spread the buttercream on top of each sponge and sandwich the cakes together. With a thin layer of the buttercream, create a crumb coating by icing the sides and top of the cake. Leave to set in the fridge for 10 minutes. Using a palette knife, spread the remaining buttercream over the entire cake, filling in any gaps between layers and creating a smooth surface. Put the cake in the fridge for 30-40 minutes or until the icing is firm.
7. Once the cake is set, top with the broken White Chocolate Eggs, Bites, and Treasured Eggs.